Pharmaceutical medicines may not be your only road to pain treatment. Natural pain remedies– like herbal medicine, where parts of a plant are utilized medicinally to treat health problems– is a progressively popular way to manage pain as well.
However research on herbal remedies is still in its early phases, many herbs are thought to offer pain management and decrease swelling. However, it’s crucial to exercise caution.
Natural Pain Relief
Here are some common herbs for natural pain relief:
- Ginseng for fibromyalgia
- Valerian root for spasms and muscle cramps
- Kava Kava for tension headaches and neuropathic pain
- St. John’s Wort for sciatica, arthritis, and neuropathic pain
- Turmeric to relieve arthritis pain and heartburn, and to reduce inflammation.
- Feverfew has been used for centuries to treat headaches, stomachaches, and toothaches.
- Ginger extract may help with joint and muscle pain because it contains phytochemicals, which help stop inflammation.
- Capsaicin, topical capsaicin may be useful for some people in relieving pain.
Since herbal remedies for pain management have yet to be completely studied, be careful when getting started on this treatment course.