While surfing the internet I came across a chicken recipe that has lots of flavor, and a lot of great ingredients. The buffalo sauce jazzes up this lettuce recipe like nothing has before.
Chicken is the best choice for home cooks all over: When you’re putting together dinner, you want something delicious, endlessly flexible and fairly affordable.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup buffalo sauce, plus a little more for drizzling over the finished chicken if you prefer
- 2 cups plain panko bread crumbs
- 4-6 large soft leaves of lettuce (I used Boston Bibb Lettuce)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced avocado
- blue cheese (or ranch) dressing & scallions to garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 and lightly grease (I used cooking spray) a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
Toss the chicken in the ½ cup buffalo sauce, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Coat each chicken piece evenly and place them on the prepared baking sheet. The baking sheet will get pretty crowded — it’s okay.
Bake for 30 minutes. You can toss the baked chicken with the extra buffalo sauce if you like.
To assemble the wraps, fill each leaf of lettuce with quinoa, tomatoes, and avocado. Top with the crispy baked buffalo chicken, drizzle with the blue cheese, and sprinkle with the green onions.
These are also a delicious cold lunch if you prepare the chicken ahead of time and refrigerate it before serving.